- Reporter at WABE 90.1, Atlanta’s NPR affiliate June 2014-Now
I report and produce original stories for WABE. First, I develop the idea. Then, I do research, interview sources and collect natural sound. Eventually, I compile all of that into an audio story, which I mix myself. I also photograph and design my own stories online.
- Producer at WAMU 88.5, Washington D.C.’s NPR affiliate Sept. 2012-May 2014
At WAMU, I helped produce The Kojo Nnamdi Show, a daily local public affairs show. That meant I researched segment ideas, booked guests and wrote host copy and questions. A few times a week, I also put together short two-ways about local politics for the WAMU newsroom.
- Intern at NPR Headquarters Jan. 2012-June 2012
My internship was in the Ombudsman Office. I gathered information and fact-checked for the office. I also directed its social media accounts. While I was at NPR, I also managed “Intern Edition,” a radio project that interns created together at the end of the semester.
- University of Washington, Seattle Sept. 2007-June 2011
Bachelor of Arts with majors in journalism and philosophy.
- Université de Montpellier III Sept. 2009-June 2010
Foreign studies in journalism and philosophy.
- Best Spot Reporting
2017 Associated Press Award
- Best News Documentary
2017 Edward R. Murrow Award
- Best use of sound
2016 Associated Press Award